Hang Man

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Theme Is.....Random

I think my Internet connection works or doesn't work based on the weather. I know it sound weird, but yesterday it was really really windy and the connection was slow and sometimes wouldn't even connect. The weather today is calm and it works like normal. It's a total wireless connection so maybe there is some truth to that. I'm going to take advantage of it while I can.

As I participate in my everyday life, things come up and I think: "ooh I'm going to have to blog about that". I forget a lot of stories by the time I'm sitting in front of my computer ready to type. My blogging life has now seeped into my dreams. I was dreaming last night, and in my dream I remember saying that I needed to blog about the events that had just happened. True to real life I don't remember what I was dreaming about that I needed to blog about.

Blogging has become a little more difficult for me. I feel a responsibility to produce interesting,funny, emotional and poignant blogs to entertain my three readers. Problem is, my life is not always interesting and funny or poignant. Sometimes I start writing something and quit halfway through because it doesn't seem like something anyone would want to read.

I blog under the assumption that I should have a blog theme. Entries that pertain to a certain subject. I think that's is what makes it difficult. In my mind I try to put things in a well defined box, but my blog is not about one thing. It's totally random. Like me! Light bulb moment.....That is my theme: random.

I feel so much better. I have a theme. My first blog two years ago addressed the question of a theme, now two years later it is finally defined. This may be confusing to some people but in my mind it makes total sense. I have continued direction for my blog. I was running out of energy and now I have renewed energy.

In a nut shell; you never know what you are going to get. It may be funny or it may be totally stupid. It may be an entire page, or it may be one sentence.

So you see, writing this blog now makes it ok for me to write something completely lame and it won't matter because now you know what you are getting in to, and you are reading of your own free will.

You have been warned.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Random is good if it was a constant scripted theme it would get boring. Life is not scripted, at least down here, so there is a random pattern that we experience. Every day throws something different at you and you need to accept each challenge as it comes. You were just experiencing a bit of writers block. By the way did Steve the elevator repairman ever contact you.

Steve said...

I bought an antenna for my wireless device. It seems to make a difference. I have it hooked to the device and then place in the window.

Patti said...

Never heard from the elevator repairman Steve or Rene`. Rene` was supposed to show up this last weekend and didn't. We may change the elevator to a manual dumb waiter.

Manders24 said...

I don't care if you have a theme or not, no matter what it is, it's something to read and something new to me. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I will continue to be a loyal reader even if it is uneventful or boring at times:)