Hang Man

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Need Me Some Eggs

These last two weeks can't go by fast enough. I hate to wish my life away, but I need to get home. Yah, I miss everyone terribly but what I really miss are my eggs. Yes, my eggs from my chickens.

I remember when I first tried fresh eggs from a friends chickens, I couldn't eat them. Part of the problem from those eggs was that they were from Araucana chickens which lay blue eggs. In addition, whatever they fed them turned their yolks an almost neon yellow. They just seemed a little unnatural. So when I decided to raise chickens of my own I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to eat their eggs. That worry didn't last long when I tried them. It is amazing to me how much better they taste than store bought eggs.

I brought some of my girls eggs to Florida with me, but they are now gone. I actually had to buy old white eggs from the grocery. When I say old, I mean old. Grocery store eggs are probably already four weeks old by the time they are purchased by the consumer and most of their flavor is gone. I had one egg from my chickens left and the store bought eggs. I cooked them side by side. Their was no comparison. The funny thing now is that it grosses me out to eat the store bought eggs now that I know more about them and have had fresh eggs.

I'm only kidding about missing my eggs more than my family. The egg shortage is no where near the creamer fiasco which was close to a matter of life and death. If you don't know what I'm talking about with the creamer thing, then you haven't been following my blog. My blog is like a TV show; you have to read every post or you won't be able to follow the convoluted story line of randomness.

Any who.... I'm missing my girls and their ova.

No comments: