Hang Man

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Task

New Years Eve....my big plans consist of a few glasses of wine, some leftovers and a little crochet while watching a movie.  That is how I hope 2011 will be; nice and relaxed, and easy.  I have no resolutions per se.  Just like most people they are usually never fulfilled.

I have proposed a New Year Task.  My task is to de-clutter my house and my life.  Each month will be designated to a different room in the house.  I will have the entire month to declutter-/organize/redecorate.  I figure if I spread it out over the year, the task won't seem so daunting.  If I get an area done before the end of the month, I might move on to the next or take a break.

My first room(s) will be the dining room and formal living room/library.  This may be my most complicated area.  I need to paint and buff out the wood floor.  It's the only room I haven't repainted since Joe and I got married.  Not to mention moving (4) 7' bookcases full of books.  I'm already exhausted and I haven't even started.  I just have to keep repeating: one day at a time.

Only a few more hours until the task begins.  I'll let you know how I do next New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I would LOVE to help you!!!!!