Hang Man

Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's A Belated Christmas Miracle

OM frickin G!  (I heard that on Cake Boss and I thought it was hilarious) Anyway, I have been struggling with Medicaid and Medicare ever since my Mother and Mother-In-Law have been in a Nursing Home.  If you have ever tried to get information or get anything resolved with either agency, you know what I mean.  It's a nightmare.  After my most recent circle jerk with Medicaid I was so frustrated, I filed a complaint with the Attorney General under Insurance Fraud.  I knew that wasn't really the right place to complain to, but I didn't know where else to start.  I figured at the very least it would get their attention.  I didn't hear anything for over a month; then I received a letter.  It stated their agency was not the correct agency to handle my claim but it had been forwarded to the agency that would be able to take care of it.

When my husband saw the letter with the return address of Attorney General he thought for sure we were both going to jail (for what, I don't know).

About a week after I received the letter I received a phone call and an email from someone in the office overseeing Medicaid Administration.  I was shocked!!!!! I have never had a more pleasant and productive conversation with someone in a government office in my life.  She was not only going to take care of my Mother-In-Laws issues (for which the complaint was filed) but my Mother's as well.  She has also reassured me she would be keeping in contact with me on a weekly basis until the issues are resolved.  Maybe I'm being gullible, but I believed her.  A little bit of faith has been restored in my otherwise negative opinion of the government.  While it's far from perfect it is nice to know there are avenues of resolution that do work.

Hopefully I am not getting too excited too soon.  I will hold off on the fireworks until everything is resolved, but at least there is a spark waiting to ignite!!!!

No comments: