Hang Man

Friday, January 2, 2009

Property Lines

The question of the day is: How do you go about telling your neighbor they are a dumb ass, without completely alienating them? I really have no problem pissing off my neighbors, after all I called the animal control on our other neighbors. These new neighbors however have something we want so I would like to keep the lines of communication open. We have to have access to their property to get to the path that goes through the valley and our fire pit is sort of encroaching on their property. If they would have killed my son however; I don't think I would have worried about being charitable.
We obtained permission from them earlier in the year for the guys to hunt on their property. The boys were only hunting with a bow. We never ended up exchanging phone numbers, so the boys didn't let them know when they were hunting. Definitely a no no on our part. Bryan was sitting in the tree stand yesterday when a shot zinged past him on the right. Once he figured out what was going on, he started down the tree stand when a shot flew over his head. He said he thought about yelling out that he was down there, but he thought maybe they were actually shooting at him. He ran through the woods toward our house hoping and praying he would live to see 2009. So herein lies the dilemma. Clearly Bryan was on their property without their knowledge, however; the first rule in firearms safety is to know your target and what's beyond it. I don't think they had a target, and they were shooting from their balcony into the valley. For years, a lot of people have used that path in the valley for hiking and access to a pond for fishing. While they can do whatever they want on their property, they are being reckless. Bryan is going to go talk to them tonight so we will see if we have reasonable neighbors or if I'm going to have to move our fire pit.

15 comments:

Manders24 said...

wow! thank god he is okay! Bastards

Yourmamasbooty said...

I don't know if any of you have ever shit your pants as an adult, but it is very uncomfortable. Money and gifts are being accepted as I am going through a very tough time right now. Thank you for your concern.

bestmama said...

I will poison them next time they are in for dinner. I was PISSED!!!

Steve said...

Was this at the farm or on Hamilton Rd. Could be a felonious assault charge with this.

Patti said...

It was on West Hamilton Rd. Remember though I don't want to piss them off. A felonious assault charge just might do that. Poisoning would be better, they wouldn't know where it came from.

bestmama said...

I can slip it in their food next time.....just an idea???LOL

Patti said...

If they really end up poisoned, we are going to be in big trouble. Between that and shooting my neighbors dogs, I'm going to end up in the Pen! (I wonder if they would let me crochet in the slammer?)

bestmama said...

Actually I would never do that to them cause they tip really good!LOL

Anonymous said...

I think the best we can hope for is that the Black Mold in their home will cause serious health conditions and lead to an early death or a "for sale" sign.

Manders24 said...

um..all of a sudden I feel rather unsafe around my family.

Patti said...

Don't worry Manders, we protect our own. It's the other people that have to worry.


Disclaimer: This is all silly banter between friends. None of the above described events will occur, they are just frivolous thoughts and in no way should be taken seriously.

With that said....Let's hang the Bastards!

Yourmamasbooty said...

Lets save our poop until we have enough, and the we can spell out the word DIE in terds in their driveway.

Patti said...

Brilliant!

bestmama said...

Seriously, I cant believe Bryan suggested that. Plus, who do you plan on getting the poop from since you dont poop? Maybe we could plan a colonoscopy, and save from the night before? Just an ideea....

Patti said...

Colonoscopy, not a bad idea, but it would be too runny to make turd words.