Hang Man

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thoughts for Today

As I sat in the dark at 5am this morning trying to get Jax to go back to sleep, I pondered what poignant and thought provoking topic I could discuss on my blog the first day of this new year. I couldn't think of anything poignant or thought provoking. Mostly I was thinking about how tired I was. Then all I could think of was how stupid Paris Hilton is. Joe and I watched about 15 minutes of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve. There was a little cameo shot of Paris Hilton wishing everyone a "Happy New Year's." She probably has more money than she has education, so it's really not her fault. Paris, Honey, it's "Happy New Year." No "s" on the end, unless you are saying "Happy New Year's Day." Illinois isn't pronounced with an "s" on the end either. I thought I would point that out to save you some embarrassment later.
I really need to quit watching TV, unless it's a show where the actors are playing a character instead of themselves. They are less ignorant as characters.
What about that Dick Clark? God love him! He's had to work very hard to overcome the effects of his stroke and he's still pushing forward. That guy deserves the fruits of his labor.
Happy New Year to all of the people that work hard and love their neighbor. Those of you that think the world owes you a living....I hope you get what you deserve.

No comments: