Hang Man

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Now Where Is That....?

I think I have mentioned before that I can be a little obsessive. I'm better than I used to be, but none the less my anal retentiveness shows up occasionally. My issue is with not having all of the pieces or parts that go with a particular item. For example: my drill. I better have the drill, bits, and batteries. If I am missing one little drill bit it drives me crazy.

My ongoing obsession with missing pieces has spilled over into the toy area. I have a playroom set up for the grand kids. It's stocked with all kinds of toys with lots of pieces. My biggest obsession is with the 6 coins from a cash register. When I am putting toys away, there better be 6 gray plastic coins in the cash drawer or I am immediately stressed. I know it's dumb and irrational but I can't help it. If any are missing, I know they have to be in the house so I look for them until I find them. One time 3 coins were missing. I knew that Julian and Nicholas were the last ones to play with it so I called Bryan to see if they took them home with them. Sick I know! Sicker yet, I found out that Bryan hid them from me. I didn't care as long as I got them back. I have gone so far as to remove the coins from the cash register drawer before the kids played with it so they wouldn't loose them. I need help!

I currently have all of the coins, however; I am missing a blue ball from the popper, a stuffed kitty from the vet hospital and 1 piece of the 162 piece Lincoln Log set (I know because I counted them). If you have them or know where they are, please return them (no questions asked). My sanity is at stake here!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This slaps of the Shipawitz. Let me see what I can find out. We do have a kitty but I am not sure if we have had it or if it is new. Also I will enquire about the blue ball. Not sure what the lincoln log piece. What does it look like? Also - check all bathrooms, baskets, bowls, boxes. Connor is a hoarder. I will put my best team on this issue. I am sorry I left your house such a mess this time. I have no one else to blame but the kids.:)

Patti said...

No it's not the Shipawitz. The blue ball has been missing for awhile and the Lincoln Logs have only been in the house for a few days. The kitty is probably stuffed in some hole somewhere. I swear these toys have a mind of their own. It's always only one piece that is missing too.

bestmama said...

Did Bryan friggan give you our lincoln logs are did you get them!! I swear, he takes shit and gives them to people, so i wouldnt be surprised!!! Other than that, we could have any of those thing and I would never know! LOL, goodluck! I am buying you a 100 piece kitchen set for the playroom for xmas.....cant wait to watch you keep those in order!

Yourmamasbooty said...

Do as I say or you will never see your precious kitty again!

Patti said...

Sarah why would I want your Lincoln Logs? They would surely have pieces missing already. I have my own.

Bryan do you really have my kitty???????? What do you want?

Manders24 said...

No...because I have the kitty! Well Jax has it, I will return it on Wed.

bestmama said...

LOL, very true, they do have tons of pieces missing! I didnt think YOU would want them I thought Bryan would want to get rid of them!!!!

Lisa said...

Hee hee! I now know where I get this trait from! Wow, hope you find everything!

Patti said...

The kitty has been safely returned!