Hang Man

Monday, March 15, 2010

Inside My Head

I noticed that my crochet stuff was all a mess on the floor, so I decided I would straighten it up. I started straightening and noticed the flowers I had crocheted last night. I stopped straightening and started to match buttons to my flowers to see what looked good. Couldn't pick a button, but decided that I needed a hat pattern to crochet that the flowers would look good on, so I went to the Internet. Before looking for patterns I checked my email and Facebook. I figured I would check on the hat pattern later. I pick up some of the trash that I gathered from my crochet area and went to throw it away. I saw that a pan on the stove needed washed so I put down the trash (on the counter) and took the pan to the sink. I saw that the counter was dirty so I started washing it and decided that there is too much stuff sitting around so I started to put things in cupboards and I noticed that there are finger prints all over the cupboard doors. I proceed to wipe them down. I look up and see bugs in the light fixture and I decide I am going to clean out the bugs. My mind suddenly switches to the fact that I could paint the cupboards. Maybe not completely, but I could put designs on them. Maybe even paint one door with chalk board paint. I go back to organizing and I find a cookbook. I spend probably 5 minutes looking up recipes. I wipe off the bookshelf and take the talking parrot that normally sits on top and I take it outside to the deck. I play with it for awhile. Then I just sit and look out at the water. I remember I was cleaning. I start to vacuum. I get the carpets halfway done when I think of an idea for my blog. I decide that instead of forgetting it I would type it right then.

After spending approximately one hour on the computer blogging about Windows 7 and googling whether or not I was the only one that thought that about Microsoft commercials (FYI I'm not the only one) and looking up everything that popped into my head...... I never finished cleaning up my crochet, never got a hat pattern, forgot to put the trash in the trash can and never even attempted to clean the bugs from the light. The cupboards are half clean as is the floor and the pan is still in the sink. Over the coarse of two hours I never really accomplished anything except write my blog.

Can you spell ADHD.

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

Holy cow Brad! I mean mom! That was making me tired reading that. I'm kinda the opposite, I think of all the tings that need done in my head but I can't move onto the next until i have accomplished the first task. So, my mind is a complete mess until I accomplish everything and with everything I accomplish I add one more thing to do! Ok, that wore me out.