Hang Man

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shells

Joe and I took an evening walk and picked up some shell on the beach. I brought them back and put them in a cup of water to soak awhile and clean them up. A few hours later I rinsed them and put them on the counter to drain. That night I happened to glace at the shells and I noticed that one of the shells was about a foot away from the rest of the shells. I notice the little wet trail and then I see the antennas. IT'S ALIVE!!!

I had grabbed a shell that still had a creature in it. It's easy to tell if you have a normal size shell whether or not there is an animal in it. The shells on our beach are teeny tiny (pea size and smaller) so it's not as easy to tell.

I couldn't let the little guy die, so I put on my robe, grabbed the flash light and headed for the beach. The tide was out so I had to find a moist area to put him in. Do you know how dark it is on the beach at night?? It's darker than dark. It's can't see your hand in front of your face dark! It's run as fast as you can back to the condo dark! I hope little snail dude appreciates this.

These are some shells I have collected. They are all the same kind of shell just different sizes. I love the teeny ones!

No comments: