Hang Man

Monday, September 21, 2009

Have You Had A Laugh Today?

Having the ability to laugh at yourself is one of the best traits one can possess. At least in my opinion. And we all know that everyone is entitled to my opinion....I mean their own opinion. I've called myself a "dumb ass" maybe even more than other people do. I don't take myself too seriously. If I did, I would be embarassed all the time. That is why Joe and I get along so well. We laugh all the time. At ourselves and each other. I told Joe yesterday that if he didn't do dumb things I would have no entertainment.

Today Joe took the car in for routine service and to have a small chip repaired in the windshield. He was talking to the mechanic about the chip. The mechanic says "yeah, we can fix that." Upon closer investigation the mechanic says "I don't think that's a chip." Joe says "I tried to see if it rubbed off like it was maybe dirt, but it didn't." The mechanic goes to the inside of the windshield and wipes off a dead mosquito. "There, all fixed." Joe actually made a special call to me just to tell me about his "incident" because he knew I would crack up. The best part was when Joe tells me: "I hope he doesn't find out that I'm a doctor."

Laugh at yourself today, it's good therapy. Go ahead and laugh at someone else too; just make sure you're out of the way when they try to punch you.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I jumped on your blog. I've had the hardest day with the kids. This made me smile and laugh which is impressive if you knew how I was feeling. I miss you guys. I wish we lived closer.

Patti said...

me too!