Hang Man

Friday, September 25, 2009

Crochet Wars

Why do people have to start trouble???? I'm not even safe on my ETSY website. In case you don't know what ETSY is, it's a web site were you have your own "store" and sell handmade items. I have a bunch of crochet items I am trying to sell. I get a lot of comments by people that visit the site about how beautiful they are, but as of yet I haven't sold anything. That's ok though. I love to crochet and if I have to I'll start donating everything. So, today I get am email from someone that states: "Please remove your item for sale, it is my design from crochet magazine 2008. Thanks." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? The item in question is a pink scarf with the breast cancer symbol crocheted into it. First of all, I'm not selling her pattern which would be copyrighted. I'm selling a product that I made. That would be like McCall's (pattern seller) saying ok, buy our patterns, but you can't sell anything you make from them. Apparently they do say that, but it's not in the copyright law so therefore not enforceable.

For god sakes she had the pattern published in a magazine. A magazine that people buy to make things from. It's not like I'm mass marketing them. I have ONE for sale. If me selling it was illegal I would definitely take it out of my store, but since it's not I'm keeping it there and I might even make more.

No comments: