Hang Man

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Welcome To The 21st Century

We're finally moving up in the world to the current TV technology. Our old RCA box TV finally died and we purchased a 46" flat screen with surround sound and some other shit that I don't know what it is. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Excited because Joe doesn't have to use the binoculars to see the TV anymore, but scared because it's something else I have to learn how to use. I'm still trying to figure out my camcorder and telephone. Plus I'll have to teach Joe because he is a typical guy and won't read the instructions.

A giant man and his short chubby partner from Best Buy delivered my TV today. Kind of like Laurel and Hardy. The giant man was probably 6' 10" or more. Nice guys, set up the tv and did a little programming for me and left. The actual install is going to be next Tuesday. Then they will mount the TV on the wall and hook up all of the additional components. Problem #1: I forgot to call Dish Network to have our system upgraded to HDTV, so the picture currently isn't that good. Problem #2: I only get one channel. I know it's something to do with the program.........Wait! while I was typing this I just figured out what I need to do. Be right back.................................................................................
Problem #2 solved. I forgot that I need to use the remote for the Dish box. Duh!

Ok, so now I get all the channels but I still need the HDTV Dish hookup. I called Dish and they can hook it up on Saturday. Perfect, because then I will have all of the equipment there when Best Buy comes to install it. Now I have a new problem #2: I called Dish and told them I wanted HDTV hookup. All I heard after that was blah blah blah, blah blah, blah.... I was so confused I'm not sure what I agreed to. Good news though; since I am such a good customer she is taking $10 off of my bill for a whole year. WooHoo!

I long for the simplier times when a TV just had an on/off button. Sometimes I wish I was Amish. Then, I would be a really good carpenter and I wouldn't have to worry about electricity and all of the stuff that goes along with it.


PS Kenny, I took your advice and bought the TV you suggested. Can you please come back and teach me how to use it?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Good luck learning your new tv! I hated that. It's no fun. We are finally down to ONE remote. Ask Kenny about those if you are interested. I LOVE ours! We press a single button and it works everything!