Hang Man

Friday, September 25, 2009

Crochet War Continued

It's soooo on. I got another email from the crochet Nazi. She's reporting me to Etsy! This really pisses me off!!!! After I recieved her original email, I responded by stating facts and copyright law. She sends a response: "We'll let Etsy
decide." She's reporting me to the principal. Being who I am, I can't wait that long (now I know where my children get their impatience from). So, I go to the Etsy FAQ section of rules and regulations. Right there in black and white it states that clothing is not protected by copyright because of it's "useful" aspect. I emailed her back and told her I had no problem with Etsy deciding and that I really didn't understand why she would publish a pattern if she didn't expect people to make it. Then of course I added the section of the Etsy rules. I can't wait to see what happens.

This is a prime example where some people (I'm not mentioning names) would point out that I am being argumentative and I should just drop it. Or I think I'm always right. So people I will break this down for you. (A.) I did not start this. (B.) I could just give in and say ok to her demands, but she is wrong. (C.) I know she is wrong because of the law. So now it becomes a "principle" thing. (D.) If I was wrong based on the law, I would not persue this and I would have taken the ad down right away. So see.....I don't always think I'm right, I only think I'm right when I know I'm right. When I know I'm right, I fight like a bull to prove it. It's inherited. My Dad had it, Steve has it and me too.

My Dad had integrity, which is what I strive for. Fighting for principles because they are true and honest. Not fighting just because you like to argue. He was always fair with people, but he didn't take their shit. There would be no greater compliment than for someone to tell me I'm just like my Dad.

You know what's really gonna suck though? It's if Etsy comes back and makes me take down my ad. I will have to point out their own rules to them, but if that doesn't work, then I'll just have to remove the ad..........and my entire store....because it's the principle of the thing.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

That lady has waaaaaaaaay too much time on her hands.

Team Patti!

Manders24 said...

seriously....just searching online to see if someone by chance has used her design. Loser

Patti said...

Thanks for your support! Three people actually had the same scarf listed. She must have got to one of them because it's gone.

Steve said...

Reminds me of a lady who tried to make us change the name of Dessert Works. She claimed that she had the trademark registered with the state. When we applied it was available because she evidently forgot to renew the license fee. Guess who owns the name now? Were even thinking of renewing it even though the bakery is closed. Then we may send a letter to her that she needs to change her name. We let it go the first time just to be nice but hey maybe we don't want to be nice now.