Hang Man

Friday, September 18, 2009

Love Letters


Letters from Dad to Mom

Monday October 30, 1944
Somewhere in Germany

Darling Vi

I am back with my unit again after a visit to Paris. Stayed in one of the hotels, had a god visit over the town. Rode the subway, there's carriages drawn by horses and little carriages drawn by bicycles. Saw the opera house, the famous arch, the Eiffel tower, and many other famous places. Oh yes I saw the Notre Dame cathedral. We left there on Saturday. Stayed in Rimes(?) France coming back. The weather here sure is turning cold. We should be getting our winter uniforms pretty soon. I got back and found six letters waiting for me. One from you darling, two from Bob, one from Mother McKee, Mother Moore and Dot McKee. I should be getting more very soon. I am receiving the mail ok now darling Thank goodness. I sure do look forward to your letters. They sure are wonderful letters.

Steve sure is gaining if he weighs over 15lbs now. I sure would love to see him. I would give anything to have you in my arms darling. I'm in the 1st army darling.

Enough for now.
All my Love Eddie
I AM YOURS FOREVER DARLING.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

That is so sweet!

Would you mind maybe sending me a copy of this (or any other picture of the two of them) picture? I would love to frame it and hang it in the house. It's so cute!

Manders24 said...

Oh my gosh, how sweet! Why don't men talk like that now. Darling is so much more endearing than "babe"Grandma was one lucky girl

Patti said...

That's what I like about it, it's sooooo loving.

Lauren, I put the photo in my photo gallery. You can actually order prints from there. I will put some more on as I find them.

Steve said...

and I'm only 15 pounds.