Hang Man

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stay Out Of The Carpool Lane

We are 2/3 of the way to Florida. Tonight we are staying in Valdosta Georgia. The trip so far has been uneventful unless you count our near death experience; oh yeah and the fact that I went the wrong way on the highway. No, I wasn't on the wrong side of the road I was heading North instead of South. Joe was driving during our near death experience.

I was messing with the GPS and not paying attention to where Joe was going. We were in the middle of Atlanta. He says: "I'm not sure I'm going the right way." "Why not?" "Because the traffic is over there and we are over here." "Ohhhhhh." Turns out we were in the carpool lane. No problem, we'll just merge over when the road comes back together. Yes, there was a problem....before the road came back together it split. One second we are in a normal lane, then without warning we're going up an incline with a drop off on the other side. You know how normally when a road splits there are yellow lines on the road or some other kind of warning. There was nothing. We went up the incline slanting toward the drivers side. I thought for sure we were going to tip over. Joe drove like Dale Ernhart Jr. maneuvering us to safety. I was surprised that neither of us screamed like little girls. It was so quick we didn't have time. I would rate that experience in the top 3 of scary driving moments. I told Joe that it was very exciting, but I would prefer if he didn't do that again.`

We are safe and sound for the rest of the evening. Our drive tomorrow will be daylight hours so that will be better. The worst thing that can happen tonight is if I have to get up in the middle of the night and I forget that I am in my cootie proof sleep sack I might hurt myself trying to get out of bed.

No comments: