Hang Man

Sunday, January 3, 2010

HOV

We arrived safely in Florida; at least I think it's Florida. It's 50 degrees and apparently isn't going to get much warmer for the next 4 or 5 days. First thing we did when we got here was turn on the heat. No sunbathing today!

There was no excitement on the last leg of our trip (thank God!) The carpool lane debacle was enough excitement for the rest of my life. I was surfing for photos of "HOV"(high occupancy vehicles) lanes or carpool lanes as they are more commonly called. I wanted to see if I could find anything that looked like what we almost drove off. I didn't find any pictures, but what I did find was an article from 2007 about the Atlanta motor coach accident that killed member of a baseball team from Ohio. Reading the article was not only sad, but it freaked me out a little bit. The bus was in Atlanta, which is where we were and the accident happened because of insufficient markings on the HOV exit; which is what happened to us. Supposedly after the 2007 accident signage was supposed to change to be more accurate and easier to follow. Well....I don't think they did a very good job. Like I said in yesterdays blog there was nothing to indicate that the road split or there was an embankment ahead. There have been quite a few accidents with regards to the HOV lanes, and most have been from people not living in the area. I didn't even know what HOV stood for. I had to have Sarah look it up for me.

I'm just really thankful that our experience with the HOV lane had a happy ending. I'm mad at Atlanta!

1 comment:

Steve said...

When I read the previous post I immediately thought of the accident that you are refering to. It was very tragic and didn't need to happen. Glad you two are OK