Hang Man

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Should I Worry?

By the time this post is published, Joe and I should be well on our way to Florida (at least I hope so). There is always so much to do to get ready to go it kind of takes the fun out of it. The hardest thing about going though is leaving everyone. My Mom, kids, grand kids, chickens etc.... Mom wasn't very happy when I told her that I was leaving. It breaks my heart. I see Julian, Nicholas and Jaxon on a regular basis and it's hard leaving those sweet little faces behind. Both Jaxon and Julian said they would go with me.

I found a goggle site called PackWhiz. It's helps make a list of things you need for vacations or whatever. I'm trying to perfect my list so that I can reuse it every time I go to Florida. I made a list for Bryan too. It's his "To Do" list while I'm gone. He's gonna take care of the animals and water my plants and other things. The list is pretty precise so he shouldn't have any questions. Problem is he probably won't even read it. He said he did; but I don't believe him. He's taken care of things before while we were gone, so he knows what to do. I guarantee; however, he will call me and ask how to take the rabbit's water bottles off the cage even though in my instructions I specifically state that they shouldn't come off as they are filled from the top. He says to me today after I ask him about the list: "Mom, if I have a question I'll just call." He doesn't understand that that defeats the purpose of the list and I'm all about the list!

Bryan may not do everything according to my list, but I know everything will work out fine and things will get done. I figure what I don't know won't freak me out.
However, I'm not without cause for concern. Last year when we were in Florida one of the chickens got it's leg broken. Bryan was worried because he thought Julian did something to it accidentally and it got hurt. I never got a direct answer from Bryan on why he thought Julian hurt him. He made some vague statements about Julian being "around" the chicken. I reassured Julian that he didn't do anything and not to worry about it. From what Bryan had described, there is no way that Julian hurt it. When we get back from Florida, our neighbor came over and confessed that his dog attacked the chicken when it was in their yard. Bryan and Julian were both relieved that the mystery was solved. Case closed.

About a month ago Bryan and I were talking about what I don't remember, but the chicken was brought up. Bryan gave a few more details as to why he was so concerned that Julian had injured the chicken. "Yah, I looked over and Julian had the chicken up in the play set and then he went down the slide with her." Really???? "You kind of left that detail out before." "Aah it doesn't matter now, we know what happened to her and it's over." He wonders why I worry and why I gave him a list.

No comments: