Hang Man

Monday, December 14, 2009

Merry Christmas

Hello old friend! I've been away too long. It's not that I didn't have anything to say. I had plenty of stories that I would write in my head, but when it came down to putting them on the computer I was too tired and my head was filled with all of the things I needed to get done for our Christmas gathering. I didn't have room in my little brain for everything. Even I have my limits.

Our Christmas party for 2009 is over already. It funny to me all of the planning that goes into an event that doesn't last more than a few hours. Honestly, I bitch and moan (to Joe) about all the work I have to do, and I stress about getting everything done. But when it come right down to it, I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I bring most of the stress on myself by creating all kinds of projects. Plus striving to make it perfect is very stressful and in my mind it's never good enough. I know in my head that we would all have a good time if I didn't plan anything and we were just together, but in my heart I have to be "the Mom" and try and make things special and memorable. I want my kids and grand kids to remember the fun times at Nanu and Papa Joe's house. I need to keep in mind however that the most memorable things are the unplanned things. Like.......When Lorrie and Julie did acrobatic Yoga in the library and Harrison got mad because his Mom was laughing and being silly. Or when Santa came and he looked "disheveled" (as Amanda said). His wig was on funny and the hair pretty much covered his face. We couldn't keep his hat on either. Poor Santa! He was an awesome Santa though and the kids loved him. Except for maybe Jaxon and initially Connor was a little taken aback but he warmed up to him. Let see what else???? Oh yeah Sarah and Brad bitching about the annual game and how much work it was. You guys know you love it! Bryan and I having the first fight of Christmas over how to work the TV. Who can forget how Jaxon kept Nanu up half of the night crying over I don't know what and me threatening to take him home and telling him to be quiet because he was going to wake everyone up. Brad and Amanda don't remember because they weren't here! Now that I've had a nap, I forgive him. I have also brought more converts to Ruinite D'oro wine. I'm telling you it's the best! I know there is more I'll have to think about it.

One bad thing was the fact that Brian and Malia weren't her this year. We missed you guys! I'll photoshop you into the Christmas picture later.

I also forgot to give a Christmas toast, so here it is. First I was going to tell everyone to dust off their plates because I had the table set for about a week (oh well, a little dust never hurt anyone). Then I would have said something about how happy I was that everyone was here and how much we missed Brian and Malia. I would have talked about Joe not feeling well and how we were worried about him and how scared we all were when Julie was sick. Then I would have said that we are a strong family and we will stick together no matter what and I couldn't be prouder to call you all my family and I love you all very much. Then I would cry and we would all laugh and drink wine.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

7 comments:

Manders24 said...

Funny, because now everytime I get too loud Jaxon tells me to "shush..the triplets are sleeping, or you don't want to wake up my cousins mommy!" Also just thought that I would note that you forgot to mention your excitement for the new baby in your "unofficial" toast.

bestmama said...

ooohhhh, Manda got you, you did forget about the new baby in the toast, and you do cry every year...lol, which usually majes me a little teary eyed, but i will never show you:) I had a blast, and told everyone about how amazing your fun and creative stuff were. We all said the same thing, I would have handed out the checks and said Merry Friggan Christmas...LMAO, you know I would. But everything you did is so appreciated, and yes, I do HATE the games cause my brain REALLY needs a break from thinking...other than that...WE HAD SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!

Patti said...

I'm glad you had a good time Sarah and it's nice to know you appreciated my efforts. That makes is all worth while.

Sorry about my faux pas Manders. Of course I am grateful for my grandbabies present and future.

Manders24 said...

I agree with Sarah! The party was a blast and by far the most memorable! We don't always say it but you and all your efforts are very much appreciated mama. We just brag about you to everyone else:)

Patti said...

XXXXXOOOOO

Steve said...

Thats my sister and I love her.

Patti said...

Thanks big bro, I love you too!