Hang Man

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life On The Inside

I got a call from the nursing home. Judy the Social Services Director says: "Do you have a minute?" I'm thinking "SHIT, what is going on????" "Sure, what's up?" I hear: sssscccczzzzfound cccczzzzssssknife zzzzzcccccssssMom's ssssccczzzroom. "Wait Judy I have to change phones I can't hear you very well. Did she just say something about a knife? "Ok, now I can hear you, what did you say?" "We found a couple pair of scissors and a knife in your Mom's room and we can't have that here." What the hell? Is Mom planning on overpowering the aides and making a break for it? Or is she planning on shanking her roommate for a pack of cigarettes? Or worse yet, do they have a zero tolerance policy on weapons and now they are going to expel her? (Think fast Patti you have to get her out of this.) "They aren't hers Judy, they are mine." "Ok then, I'll have them in the office and you can pick them up the next time you visit."

The scissors were there just because she had them at her other place in a cup with pens and pencils. I'm pretty sure the knife in question is actually a letter opener. It never occurred to me that they would be considered contraband. I'm just wondering who ratted her out to the warden??????

No comments: