Hang Man

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scam With A Capital "S"

I listed my lathe on Craigslist again. I mentioned before about the weird responses I have gotten. Below is the exact message I just opened.

Thanks for getting back to me..I really appreciate your response to my earlier mail.like i said i will like to buy this item so pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist. I will also like you to know that i will be paying by check due to the fact that i will not be able to meet up with the cash and local pick up.I will have my mover to come for the pickup as soon as the check cleared and cashed..I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address be it residential or office address.
3.Your phone number.

Hope to hear back from you.

Really! I'm gonna give my full name, address and phone number to a complete stranger that I am supposedly never even going to see. And... I'm gonna take a check. I'm no handwriting expert, but I believe that anyone that types a letter with some of the "I's" capitalized and the others not is probably a psychotic killer. I'll pass thank you very much. I don't need the $100 that bad.


Patti's TOTD #6: If it sounds too good to be true, then a psychotic killer is behind it. People Suck!

5 comments:

Manders24 said...

ThAt cRacks me uP!

Anonymous said...

umm can psychotic killers use lathes to kill people?

Patti said...

Yes. It would be a slow and dizzy death.

Steve said...

Same thing happened to us with our puppy ad on Craigslist. They were going to have their agent pick up the puppies and all we would have to do is cash the check and they would put in enough to cover the shiping cost. Just give that amount to the agent. Goooleee goober we can make us some xtra moneies. I'll tell these characters that its going to cost more to ship and I'll keep the extra for me. Its unfortunate that there are people out there that will swallow this stuff. Most of them have appeared on Jay Walking with Jay Leno I'm sure or should that be i'm sure.

Patti said...

Exactly!