Hang Man

Monday, May 18, 2009

How Big Is Your Hare?

I made my first sale today on Craigslist and I didn't get robbed or murdered. Both apparently have happened. The lady that inquired about the bunny hutch and asked if I would deliver it was the lady that bought it. I had her come out and look at it before I took it to her just in case she didn't want it after I go to the trouble of taking it to her. The hutch is partitioned off so there is room for 3 rabbits. She only has one, so I told her she could cut out an opening in the partition and the bunny could have access to the whole cage. Of course she asked if I could do that. Being the wonderfully nice person that I am, I made the cutouts for her. I took it that she was a single mom and I doubted that she had tools. She was really nice, so I was happy to do it. When deciding how big to make the cutouts, I asked her how big her bunny is. She says; "Oh, pretty big...probably about 25 lbs." Her bunny must be as big as Nicholas. He's not much over 25 lbs. I had her look at my bunnies to maybe help her gauge the size. She thought her bunny was bigger than mine. So I made the holes pretty large just to be safe. I couldn't wait to see this 25 lb. bunny. I delivered the cage and I was pretty happy that it didn't fall out of my truck. We got everything situated and she says; "There's my bunny." He was 25 lbs. alright, minus about 20 lbs. Definitely the size of my rabbits, maybe smaller. So she doesn't know her weights and measures very well. I don't know Geography very well. We all have our strengths. I never mentioned the bunny's weight just like I didn't mention the fact that the bunny didn't look all that healthy. You can tell by the eyes. Her eyes didn't look so good. All sales are final. No refunds in the event of death. That's just my policy.


PS: On my way to deliver the cage, I rescued a 45 lb. snapping turtle from the road so he didn't get hit. Ok, he was 45 lbs. minus 40.

5 comments:

Manders24 said...

What Nicholas in only 25 lbs? Jax is 33 already

Patti said...

I really don't know how much Nicholas weighs. That was just a reference point for my story. Way to call me out.

Yourmamasbooty said...

FYI it was a painted turtle, not a snapper!

Patti said...

Ohhhhh! Who painted it?

Yourmamasbooty said...

Your lord and savior!