Hang Man

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The One That Got Away


I decided to get my fishing license. I haven't fished in Florida for probably 2 years. I fished a lot when we first started coming down, but for some reason I've had no interest lately. Well, that all changed yesterday. I tried to catch some bait fish with a little net, but that didn't work. Then, I thought I needed to be out in the bay a little bit instead of on shore. I took the kayak out with my fishing pole. I wasn't out more than 10 minutes when I had a strike. Holy Crap! The fish was big, it bent my pole way down. Then it broke the surface....It was a huge Snook! The fish to catch in these parts. I was so excited! I wrestled with him for a few minutes (remember I'm in a kayak). He went around toward the back of the boat, jumped out of the water and broke free. SHIT! I apparently didn't set the hook properly. I believe that Snook would have been my record catch. It was probably even too big to keep. (They have to be between 26" - 36"). I know what you're thinking. It's a fish story, but I have witnesses. Seven to be exact. I had an audience the entire time I was fishing. I will not give up until I catch that SOB.

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

Now mom, If it was meant to be, it would have happened. haha