Hang Man

Monday, October 6, 2008

Quit being mean to me!

I'm wondering if I have the words "Abuse Me" written across my forehead. Twice in the last 2 weeks I have been verbally abused by motorists. The first time I was on my motorcycle. Some impatient lady pulled up behind me and immediately honked her horn. Thinking it was someone that knew me, I turned around. She mouthed the words "what are you waiting for?" Being the cool and calm person that I normally am, I responded; "waiting for the f--king cars you stupid b---h! She was in a position that she couldn't even see the oncoming traffic. So again, being the understanding and considerate person that I normally am, I waited until there were no cars in sight before I proceded to cross the intersection (that took about 60 seconds). I played chicken with her, switching lanes and such for a little while until I came to my senses and realized that on my motorcycle I was not going to be effective if I rammed her car. So, we both flipped each other off and went on our merry way. Today, I went to a car repair shop to pick up Amanda. I had never been to this particular shop before and parking was limited. I pulled around the building and parked. As I was walking up some large scary man in a pick up truck yelled at me to move my car. Not letting him intimidate me, I asked "why". He pointed out that I was not in the parking lot of the business I was going to. My bad! It was all one building, but apparently not a connected business. I proceeded to tell him that I was sorry, I have never been here before. He immediately began to berate me saying; "can't you read the sign??" 'This side of the building is even a different color." blah, blah blah. A nice; "please move your car, your in the wrong parking lot." Would have been sufficient enough for me to say "sorry" and move my car. In the spirit of the day, I called him a "f--king moron" and he called me a "bitch". I actually stepped up on the running board of the truck and looked over the top to yell my insult, just to make sure he heard me. Then I moved my car. Why? Why? Why? do people have to be so rude to people they don't even know? I consider myself a nice person, courteous and reasonable, but when someone goes off on me for no reason I loose it! I would never instantly approach someone and be an asshole. I have to get to know them first to see if they deserve it. Seriously people, learn some patience and manners.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love how you censored bitch the first time around, but not the second ;)

I also completely agree with you! We went to a concert this weekend, and this guy walked by me and KNOCKED ME OVER. He kept walking. He did not turn around. He did not apologize. He did not acknowledge me in any way, shape or form. He knew he hit me-it was quite obvious. And, he wasn't too drunk to notice. It bothers me the worst when a man is rude and disrespectful to a woman. NOT OK

Yourmamasbooty said...

Follow him to his house and kill his dog. That will show him!

Patti said...

I actually thought about that Lauren when I was typing. But I got upset all over again and I had to type it out for emphasis! This guys wife was in the truck with him and she said nothing. Poor lady.