Hang Man

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bad News....Good News

I haven't written anything for awhile because frankly, everything I think about lately is depressing. The economy, stupid customer service people, Mom is not feeling well, the dog is old, Amanda's car broke down, Bryan and Sarah's neighbors are idiots....I could go on but I won't. There is a saying though: "You are only as happy as your unhappiest child." That is so true and it doesn't matter how old they are you still hurt when they hurt. I have a tendency to want to fix everything for them, but I know I can't. I've been trying to think of something to discuss that was not a downer. Sarah gave me something good to shout about.....SHE GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE NURSING PROGRAM!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! I'm so excited for her and PROUD. This will be a great step to a better financial future for her and Bryan. Congrats Sarah! I can't wait to help you study. What I really want though is to be a fly on the wall when you are about to perform your first catheterization on a uncircumcised 80 year old man, or when you have to give a bed bath to a 300 lb woman with a huge panniculus (look it up) that's heavier than Nicholas. That would be PRICELESS! Gosh I miss nursing, but now I can live vicariously through you.

7 comments:

bestmama said...

Jeez, I was excited until you started talking about 300 lb. women with some sort of penis. Dont worry, you will hear it all...thats why I called you first. I knew you would be as excited as I was:)

bestmama said...

P.S....put me back on your blog of intrest list, I blogged. And Manda doesnt blog that often either, but does she go anywhere...NOOOOOO!

Patti said...

First of all, I knew if I took you off the list you would start blogging again. Except now your going to be so busy you won't have time. Amanda is 2 days away from being deleted too. Secondly, a panniculus is not some sort of a penis. Lastly, Bryan...GROSS. I bet you won't be offering up your penis when she wants to put a catheter in it.

bestmama said...

Great Idea...I can use Bryan to practice cathetera! AHHH, this is going to breat great.

Lauren said...

I missed you Auntie P!!! I know the feeling-everything is crap. Sorry :(

Yay Sarah!

Patti said...

Sarah, First we have to get you to learn to type.

Manders24 said...

Ok Sarah, I hate to break the news to you, but I am still on my mom's blog because I am perfect and no matter what I do..she will always have me on her blog. I can't do any wrong:) Right mommy? ha