Hang Man

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Need A Fix

I'm trying to stay calm, but as each day goes by I get more and more anxious. I'm about to run out of coffee creamer. This is serious! If you know me, you know I am very particular about my coffee. First, it has to be quality coffee; 100% Arabica, preferably made with a Bunn coffee maker. Then, 1/2 teaspoon of splenda (more or less depending on the size of the cup). Finally the most important part; Cremora. Not CoffeeMate, not half and half or some cheap store brand. It has to be Cremora. Enough Cremora to make the coffee carmel color. Nothing else will do and I will go without before I comprimise my standards. Normally Walmart sells Cremora, but when we checked here in Florida they didn't have it.

So I did what any desperate person would do. I looked on the internet for suppliers. I emailed Bordens directly. Apparently they have no distributors within 100 miles of Chokoloskee that sells Cremora. Walmart has it on their website, but it says it's only sold in stores. I came one click away from ordering a case of Cremora from buythecase.com. It was going to cost me $60 for (12) 16oz containers. That's almost triple what I pay for it at home. What can I say, I'm an addict. I even checked the postage for shipping a container from Ft. Wayne. It would be around $7.50 to ship a $4.00 container of creamer.

I still may call Amanda and have her ship me a jar, but for now I am going to see if I can get by with some flavored CoffeeMate, half and half and Winn Dixie brand. Yes, I bought all of those today when we went shopping. I still have enough Cremora that I can try the others and still have time to have Amanda send me some.

Cremora is my nicotine, but really I could stop any time I wanted. I wonder if there is such a thing as creamer detox?

3 comments:

Manders24 said...

Ha! That is too funny, before I even got to the part about you wanting me to send you some I was thinking oh, I should mail some to her! Just let me know, I am actually planning on going to Walmart tomorrow.

Lauren said...

By the time you try (and hate) all the otherones you could have had Amanda send some for a lot less $! :)

Anonymous said...

or you could just start drinking your coffee black!!!!!! the only real way!!!!!!!!!!!!!