Hang Man

Monday, December 21, 2009

Squeaky Wheel

The saying about the squeeky wheel getting oiled must be true. I went to see Mom this evening and install the chair brace that I made. She was in the dining room, but I went to her room first. Lo and behold Someone had put velcro pads under each foot of the chair and wedged a board between the wall and the chair. It's a Christmas miracle! They actually listened. A few of the other items that I requested were taken care of as well. I will happily continue to assume the bitch role if that is what it takes to get things done.

I went to the dining room to visit with Mom for awhile. There was another daughter visiting her mother at Mom's table as well. We were having a nice visit and conversation until............one of the ladies at the table went off on a paranoid tangent. She started out by asking myself and the other daughter if we had been invited to be at the table. I giggled a little and told her that I was there visiting my mother. She glared at me and says: "what are you laughing about!?" She continued on by accusing us of stealing from her. She told Mom: "you better watch yourself". Luckily Mom is enough hearing impaired that she didn't know what was going on; although a couple of times during this womans disertation I heard Mom laugh. She then attempted to engage the 4th woman at the table in the conversation by asking her if she was involved in the conspiracy too. That poor woman was oblvious as well. She couldn't hear well either and she just responded by telling us why she wasn't eating. Then she started asking everyone if they had a car, because she wanted a ride home. I wanted to go home by that time too. Funny but sad. Just another typical day at the 'ol nursing home.

1 comment:

Steve said...

All I can say is thanks for being there and doing what you do. I love you.