Hang Man

Friday, December 25, 2009

I Screwed Up

I am officially a dumb ass (again). I think it happened once in 1985.

Joe and I just got home from our Christmas rounds and decided to give the computer a try again. Joe being the optimist that he is thought that maybe there was a Christmas miracle while we were gone and everything was fixed. I hooked everything back up with the same result. The phone didn't work and neither did the Internet. I thought I would do a little troubleshooting so I decided to try the connection in another jack. I took everything into the kitchen with me and attempted to hook it all up. This time however I was looking at the back of the modem instead of trying to look over top of it and upside down as I was before. As soon as I looked at it I knew what I had been doing wrong. I was plugging the phone line into the Ethernet plug instead of the phone plug. DUH!

I admitted my mistake to Joe and I took the teasing like a man. Then Joe says: "I was going to ask you if you had it hooked up in the right holes." "Why didn't you say something????" "I'm scared of you!" Bryan told me the other day that he was scared of me too. Really? What exactly is it? Why am I scary? I don't yell and scream. I can't even remember the last time I punched someone. (Honestly I've never punched anyone unless you count the time I got in a fight with Sally Batton when I was 12, and all I really did was pull her hair.) Maybe I'm not really scary, maybe it's just that you all see the potential for me to be scary and you don't want to go there. Is that it, you don't want to let Pandora out of the box?

How scary can I be, I'm willing to call myself a dumb ass. (Just don't you do it).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you had asked the guy in Mexico City to slow down an speak clearly he would have told you that it was plugged toto the wrong hole.....just a guess!

Steve said...

Just like Red in that 70's show "Eric your a dumb ass" I think you hit it though. Don't let Pandora out of her box. I'm not afraid though just make sure that its in the right hole and enjoy. Boy does that have a lot of different meanings. Merry Christmas and lots of love from all of us in OH TN and PA.

Patti said...

Actually the guy in Mexico City spoke pretty well. He told me everyting was working fine.