Hang Man

Sunday, December 20, 2009

How Does One Qualify As A Moron?

Last week when I visited Mom, I found that her recliner chair was broken. I knew exactly what was wrong with it because it happened one time before. One or more of the morons that work at the nursing home reclined the chair when it was too close to the wall and instead of stopping when they hit the wall they just kept pressing the controls until it stripped the rod that attaches the chair to the motor. I am assuming they though that if they continued to use the motor it would push the chair away from the wall and then they wouldn't have to physically do any work to move the chair. Never mind the fact that after the first time they broke it and I had the chair repaired, I put a sign on the wall right behind the chair that instructs one to move the chair away from the wall before reclining. Maybe it was a different moron that broke it this time; who knows????

Needless to say I was a little hot under the collar about this situation along with a few other issues, so I went to the director of nursing and voiced my complaints in a fair and calm manner. I didn't even use the word moron in my presentation. I told the director that I could fix the chair myself; however, she assured me that their maintenance guy would fix it. I knew it was relatively easy to fix because I watched the repair guy from the chair company fix it the first time (In the back of my mind I must have known it was going to happen again).

One week later.....the chair is not repaired. No call from them to say that they couldn't fix it, it just wasn't done. I turned the chair upside down, fixed the son of a bitch and went on a mission. Too bad for the people working that day. Unfortunately it was a Saturday and the director wasn't working. I laid out my issues to pretty much everyone within ear shot. I wasn't yelling, but I was stating the facts fast and furious. It wasn't just about her broken chair, it was about them losing her wheel chair (saying they didn't know it was her personal chair). Look at her belonging sheet you fucking morons, it's listed right there. I didn't actually say that last statement, but it was on the tip of my tongue. It was about them not answering Mom's call light. It was also about the wound on Mom that they swore wasn't there over a week ago when she complained about it hurting. I should have looked for myself then, but I was trusting them. (FYI, the wound she has is not something that they caused directly. If it had been, this would be a whole nother story!) I have asked Mom if anyone ever mistreats her and she says "No".

Supposedly the nurse on duty is going to document my concerns and give them to the director on Monday. We shall see because I will be there on Monday, along with the wood frame I made to sit behind Mom's recliner. I made it to butt between the back of the chair and the wall enough distance so that it prevents the chair from being too close to the wall. It's moron proof.

I'm sure you've noticed I use the word moron a lot. I like that word, but I have my own definition. Moron: A person of normal intelligence and capable of using common sense who chooses not to use their intelligence or common sense because they are lazy or they just don't care about other people. Example: The guy on the You Tube video that puts a roman candle in his butt orifice and lights it. That is a prime example of a person not using their common sense; hence, he is a moron. His friends are morons as well because they didn't try to stop him. They obviously didn't care what happened to him. Addendum: examples of not using common sense must be more on the extreme end to qualify as moronic.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I think I would have used both words connected in a sentence.