Hang Man

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Technology

It's about 1:30am. I should be in bed, but I'm trying to wind down after setting up my new DVR. I should have let it go till tomorrow, but at around 10:30 I thought I would just set it up real quick and go to bed. I should have known better. I upgraded our Dish to HD with a DVR. It was great for about 24 hours and the DVR died. Not fixable, so Dish sent me another DVR to replace it. I got it all hooked up and went through all of the steps to get it up and running, then I had to call to have it activated. About 2 hours later I was finally done. I did however have a nice chat with Raymond from India. My satellite got activated from India, where according to Raymond it has been raining for the last 3 days straight. I also learned that he works the graveyard shift 1am - 10am. I was his last call of the day and then he was going home to bed. He's never seen snow before either, except in pictures. He complimented my voice. He told me I had the voice of a 20 year old. What a charmer. We had a lot of time for discussion while we waited for everything to download. Technology is so obscenely crazy good and so incredibly frustrating at the same time. After talking with my new friend Raymond for awhile, he transferred me to another department because I had some other bull shit to take care of. After I had explained what I needed from them and was put on hold for 5 minutes, they promptly disconnected me. Great! That's just great! I guess I'll call back again tomorrow after I've had a few hours sleep.

I have more crochet war information to share, but it will have to wait till tomorrow too.

No comments: