Hang Man

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Favorite Things

Oprah has her list of favorite things and I have mine.

Moroccan Oil. Makes your hair shiny and soft but not greasy. Kind of expensive but well worth it, especially for people with thicker hair.

Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressing (Classic Ranch). Ranch is the only one I've tried so far. It's creamy like regular ranch, but has less calories. It doesn't have that sweet taste that some light dressings have.

Country Heart Candles from Maximum Scented. They will actually scent an entire room. Some of the ones I have tried are: Christmas Cookie, Baby Powder, Peppermint, and Vanilla Walnut. I usually pick the white or off white colored candle scents because some of their colors are pretty bright.http://www.maximumscented.com/plugins/MivaMerchants/merchant.mvc

Magic Eraser. If you've never tried one, you absolutely have to. It works the best on vinyl and plastic. It takes scuff marks off of wall and floors. It's amazing. If you use it on dark surfaces, you may have to rinse because sometimes it leaves light marks.

Crystal Light. If you've stayed away from it because it's "diet", then you're missing out. Regular lemonade flavor is my favorite. Bryan even likes it and he definitely doesn't do diet.

Aromatherapy Hand Soap from Bath and Body Works. Smells great. Coming up in August is their annual sale. The sale price makes it as inexpensive as the store brands and it is so much better. I always stock up during the sale. They make nice gifts too.

The Incense Match. If you have a little hippie in you, then this is a little incense for you. It comes in a matchbook and the incense looks like matches. Light it and let the paper part of the match ignite, then blow it out. It burns for about 5 minutes. I have found though that when I lay the match down to let it burn, it goes out really easy. To remedy that problem I use an alligator clip (some like to call it a roach clip). I put the end of the match in the clip and set it upright. Works perfectly. You can get them online There is also a store at Glenbrook that carries them. I think it's called Earth Magic or something like that.
http://incensematch.com/

Marques De Paiva 100% Colombian Medium Dark Roast Coffee. It's a Member's Mark brand from Sam's Club. I first had it at my brother's house and have been a fan ever since. It's not mild and not too strong. It's just right! Lorrie who doesn't really drink coffee will drink it when she visits. Of course I have to have it with Creamora creamer and a teaspoon of Splenda. Mmmmmmmm. I just have to remember to keep it away from my computer.

Last, but definitely not least....Riunite D'oro Wine. If Brian Ottinger is reading this right now he is probably cringing with disdain. Brian is a budding connoisseur of wine and Riunite doesn't fit into that category. I'm sorry Brian but I like what I like. Plus I'm cheap like your Dad. Riunite is $9.99 for about 1.5 liter size bottle. At least it doesn't come in a box. The D'oro is a sweeter wine, but not syrupy sweet. If you like a sweeter wine, then try it. The 750ml bottle is only $6.99 and is available at your fine grocery stores everywhere. Although the Walmart that I shop at doesn't sell it and that pisses me off.

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

Love that wine too, Brad actually just bought me a big bottle of it 2 days ago. Candles and aromatherapy scents yummy, morocan oil love it, never tried the dressing, magic eraser is great I agree, it also works really well on oven tops when you have the cooked on food. Crystal light is very good, but I haven't tried the lemonade yet. Gotta try the incense matches, and finally the coffe, not sure if I have tried it, but I am sure I have considering the amount of coffee I consume from your house! Great favorites list....would vinegar be on your favorites list as well?