Hang Man

Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Number Four

Minor set back today. I walked in to Mom's room with more of her clothes and she looks at me and says: "Why are you bringing all that stuff? I'm leaving on Sunday!" "Who told you that?" "You did!" "No Mom your staying here now." "Forever?" "Yah." "Oh crap!" On the bright side though....I found her missing clothes. I routed through the laundry room myself and found them. I made some new friends today too. Ruth, Bernice and Betty. All of them at different times came up to me and told me they were lost. Aren't we all. Ruth is my favorite. She was disgusted that she didn't know where she was going but she laughed about it, then she leaned in close to my ear and said "Shit!" then she giggled. They trip me up though. I'll be talking to someone and it will be going along pretty good and then they tell me about the beaver that lives in their closet. It's hard to keep up. Mom's roommate scares me. If I get anywhere close to her side of the room she says: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" It not what she says, but how she says it. Glaring at me with no expression and speaking very quickly in an accusatory tone. I tell her what I am doing and shes says: "WHY?" in the same gruff manner. Then that's it, end of conversation. She told the aide today she wanted candy. She didn't have any so Mom offered her some of her chocolates. I asked the aide if she could have some and she said no because Irene is diabetic. Irene says: "chocolate!" "I'm sorry Irene the aide said you can't have chocolate." "WHY?" "Because it may put you in a diabetic coma and you will die." I didn't really say that but I kind of wanted to. Actually she may be the best roommate for Mom because she is quiet,(most of the time) doesn't snore and she has an awesome 40" flat screen TV. I didn't take Mom's TV because Irene's TV is big enough for both of them to watch. The aides closed the curtain between the two beds to get Irene up and Mom says: "They pulled the curtain up too far I can't see the TV." I'm not sure she realizes that the TV belongs to Irene. I don't think I'm going to tell her either.

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

Oh. I think it sounds like a grand place to live. I would rather be surrounded by people that were obliviously happy and not quite sure about what is going on, than people that are depressed and only seem to talk about the day to day stresses of life. I love grandma!