Hang Man

Monday, July 20, 2009

Five Finger Discount

Patti's TOTD #12: If you are buying something in a box where you can't actually see the item, open it before purchasing. You would think that if you make a purchase that is all boxed up, all of the parts and pieces would be there. It's bad enough when the manufacturer forgets a screw or some other part of the item you purchased. However, it is frustrating and down right wrong when someone has stolen something out of the box that you just purchased. Check before you buy so you don't have to make a return trip.

I bought a set of pans at Target the other day. Should have been three pans, two lids, and a steamer. Everything was wrapped up in plastic with the stickers still on the pans and packed nicely. I removed everything from the box and realized that one of the pans was missing. I counted and recounted. Then I noticed that one of the other pans actually had dried food stuck on it. Some son of a bitch bought it, used it, stole a pan and then returned the rest. I hope that the jerk that stole the pan is walking with a pan full of spaghetti sauce and the handle breaks and sauce spills all over his white carpet. This isn't the first time that something like this has happened to me either. I ordered an electric toothbrush online and when I recieved the box, it was empty. Again, someone probably returned it and they didn't bother checking the box. I was at Walmart tonight buying light bulbs. The first box of 4 that I picked up only had 3 bulbs in it. I gave the box to the clerk and he told me stories of what he has witnessed people do to steal stuff. I just hope that the honest people in this world still out number the dishonest people.

No comments: