Hang Man

Friday, June 12, 2009

Learn The Language

I received some Dunkin Donuts coupons the other day. One of my favorite places for coffee. I was looking through them and I realized that I couldn't read them. What the????? It was Spanish. The other side was printed in English. Seriously, this is getting out of hand. How much more money did DD have to pay to have their coupons printed that way? And, who is going to help pay for that?? The consumer of course. It's called "enabling" people!! If we keep making it easy, what is the incentive for a Spanish speaking individual to learn the language???? I get that the language needs to be printed on necessary items and emergency type items. I don't want anyone to get hurt while they are trying to learn the language. But really, are donuts necessary? Could they survive without them? Who doesn't recognize a big fat greasy donut? They can point right? So we don't need bilingual donut coupons. Get a grip people and start showing some tough love.



Patti's TOTD #4: Learn English if you live in America!

4 comments:

Manders24 said...

I agree. I purposely give people who come into my work the english form to fill out, even if they are speaking nothing but spanish. Because, I figure if they live here they should learn how to at least read the English language. But, then they come into the ultrasound room and speak nothing but spanish and laugh. Ugh...I hate when I can't understand what they are laughing about. So usually I just laugh with them so that they think I understand them and then they can't say anything bad about me:)That is one of my pet peeves too!

Manders24 said...

Bryan, you always mock me in all of my comments! Stop it!

Patti said...

He's an ass most of the time, but I have actually heard him say those things before about the bookbag and bikes. He also doesn't like it when girls run. I'm not sure what he has against the Germans though. Probably wienerschnitzel.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. Another thing that bugs me, you go to Walmart, every other isle is in Spanish on the one side so you have to figure out by looking what is in the isle or walk around the sign to the other side. It drives me nuts.