Hang Man

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hiding From The Public


So.....the poison ivy has popped up in a few more places. My jaw line and eyes as well as around my mouth and lips are red swollen and itchy. That is a photo of me above, or at least it represents how I feel. I went to the drug store to find some anti itch medicine. I was trying to choose one to buy. It's like everything else, it usually comes down to packaging. All things being equal, I chose the one that came with the free blistex lip balm. I like free things. I make my purchase and headed off to my other errands. I'm pulling into the drive up at the bank and I decide I would put a little medicine on my face before I get up to the window. Crap! it's pale pink color. I knew I should have choosen the spray. I had already started slathering it on my chin when I realized it's not going to rub in. Luckily I was on the outside lane so the teller couldn't see me very well. Now I looked like a white person with vitiligo. Of course the teller was the gorgeous blond girl with the flawless skin; I hate her. I still have to stop at the grocery store. I try to avoid eye contact with anyone so I don't have to say hi. Little children are running from me screaming, clinging onto their mothers. Some old man starts talking to me about the beef barley soup he is making for dinner. "Don't look at me man, you will turn to stone!" I'm home now and I am staying here until it is safe to be seen in public again.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Sorry to hear about your affliction. You know that I can remove that hump. I know that the answer will be, What Hump? (Marty Feldman) If you look at the photo long enough I do see some resemblance to Grandpa. Not our dad but our, as in yours and mine, grandpa. With that expression on your face it makes me wonder what your doing with your left hand. Probably just scratching the nethers. Stop doing that!

Yourmamasbooty said...

That looks just like Amanda's senior photo!

Patti said...

It does kind of look like our grandpa McKee is a weird sort of way. Nethers are still fine, thank you very much!

Yes Amanda, he is an ass. Just look at his photo. But that is why we love him