Hang Man

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beet It

The "What am I" photo is a beet. I peeled it the other day and I thought it was so pretty. It almost looked like dark red stained wood. Steve guessed it after I gave the hint. Amanda actually guessed it too. She wasn't sure what it was called though. Amanda doesn't eat that kind of food. I made roasted beets with it. You slice the beet thinly, coat the slices with olive oil and salt, then roast them in the oven around 400 degrees for about 20 mins. or until they are soft. Really good!
Beets are really good for you too. Lots of vitamins and antioxidants. Just trying to keep everyone healthy.

2 comments:

Manders24 said...

Yeah...I'm not too sure about trying beets that look like that. Actually, I don't mind the raw ones......Love the pics of Jax. Some of those are hilarious, and looking at him in a picture compared to seeing him everyday, he looks so old, mature. It's crazy! I love how clear your camera is.

Patti said...

Amanda and I have since clarified that she has never eaten a raw beet. She meant radish.