Hang Man

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Poison

I mentioned earlier how Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer. That's not true, I am the unofficial start of summer. I have my first case of poison ivy. I say first case because I know it won't be the last. I have a special gift for contracting the bubbling itchy blisters. I have lived in the "country" almost 10 years. I don't think there has been a summer that I haven't gotten it. It took me about 5 years to recognize what it looks like. That doesn't matter though it still finds a way to sneak up on me. The year that Amanda and Brad got married at our house, I had the poison all summer long from trying to get the yard ready for the wedding. The first case I ever had was the first summer after Joe and I got married. I was trying to settle into my domestic role by putting up a clothes line. The pole to attach the line to was covered with a bush. Of course I had to remove the bush and all its attachments. Joe didn't bother pointing out that it was full of poison ivy. Maybe he was regretting marrying me and that was his way to try and off me. I ended up with the poison from head to toe. I had blisters in places were there should be no blisters. I was miserable for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of scratching and complaining and sleepless nights. Joe says: "Do you want me to order something for you to help get rid of that?" "Whaaaaaat!" "There's something you can take for this and you have waited 2 weeks to tell me?" He really was trying to kill me. I can suffer through the mild cases, but the bad ones get a call to the pharmacy right away. Today's case of the poison is on my face (of course). Circumoral and on my tongue. I swear I wasn't eating it. At least I don't think I did???? I know exactly how I got it. The oil was apparently on my glove cuff and I remember wiping my upper lip with my glove. What I don't get is how I get it on my nether regions, but invariably once or twice it will show up there. None there at this present time. Remember....Leaves of 3, let them be!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Just played Hangman and my word was contaminate. I think thats what you are doing. I did the same here for a number of years but what happened more often than not was little black flies early in the spring would bit my forearms and I would have poisin ivy like irritations. I tried not to drag my nether regions through the underbrush to avoid that area of contamination. If I went into the loo for any reason I washed thoroughly before I touched any nethers or portions thereof

Patti said...

I try not to touch my nethers with poison hands, but it always ends up there?????

bestmama said...

Hey maybe your lips will look like they had implants?! Easy way to make your lips larger...just a lil uncomfortable!