Hang Man

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I'm sitting here with my coffee and my puppy trying to embrace the sub zero temperatures. Ellie absolutely hates the cold. Since Joe is gone, I am the lap of choice for warmth and comfort. However, I am not her preference because I move around too much. So right now I am holding her in one of those baby slings that hang over your shoulder (I borrowed it from Sarah). I know, kind of weird in a bag lady sort of way, but it keeps her happy and I can still get things done.
I am doing really well with my New Year's Resolution. Who knew that something as simple as getting dressed in the morning would make my days so much better. I even ventured out yesterday which so far has been the snowiest and coldest day this year. I also joined a Yoga studio. I am moving away from my hermit status to Miss Social. I went so far as to break out my cross country skis. My junket was temporarily interrupted when Brad got his car stuck in the driveway. He had to drive my truck home. Don't know yet what to do about the car??? I'll figure it out later. It was dark by the time I resumed my skiing. I had my headlamp flashlight and I was off into the valley. Snow on the ground seems to sequester the sounds of the night. It is soooooo quiet and peaceful. The night is my favorite time when it snows. It's so Zen! It would have been perfect if the moon had been out. Now it's daylight and time for chores: collecting eggs, checking for frostbite on the chickens and getting the car unstuck. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Manders24 said...

Way to go mom! You are a social little butterfly. The day is almost here that I will have better luck reaching you on your cell phone then your home phone. I think it is cool that despite evrything you have to do on a regular basis, you still somehow find the time to fill your schedule even more.I'm happy for you:)

Patti said...

Thanks Manders. I'm a regular 'ol Super Woman!