Hang Man

Friday, January 16, 2009

Another Historic Day

An historic day in progress and I am part of it. I'm so excited, never in my lifetime have I seen this. Joe's going to be so sorry he missed it!
I'm talking about the 20 degree below zero temperature! Yes! 20 BELOW ZERO! That's not the wind chill either, that's actual temperature. Apparently Fort Wayne has never had a temperature so low for it's high, in it's history. I would clap, but my fingers are frozen. The chickens have icicles hanging from their beeks. Not really, they are fine. I got 6 eggs as usual this morning. They may be frozen though. I am going to have to be a real farmer and collect them early. The bunnies and Bear are all ok too; however, the bunny's water was frozen solid. I put a little heater in the garage this morning to help take the chill off. I'm probably doing it more for me than them. They seem perfectly content. I know everyone that knows Bear is probably worried about him being outside, but rest assured he is taken care of. I got him a warming pad for his dog house so he will be nice and toasty warm. Plus, his coat is really thick and long right now. Oh yeah, and Ellie is fine too. The spoiled little bitch is wrapped in a blanket on my lap as I type. If it wasn't for the fact that it is 10am, I would be parked in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine. Oops, I better hold off on the wine, I have to watch Jax this afternoon. I'll save it for later. In the meantime I'm going to go and try to melt the icicles off of my nose and toes.

2 comments:

bestmama said...

Next time we do homework together you shouldnt consume three glasses of wine!!!! LOL you were funny though!!!

Patti said...

I waited all day for that wine. You have to admit, we came up with some BRILLIANT ideas. I just had a little trouble using the dictionary.