Hang Man

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Simple Life

Please quit trying to make my life simpler. All of the gadgets and bells and whistles just make me confused. What happened to the simple on/off switch??? Take the remote control for instance. There are probably 50 buttons on my remote. I use maybe a fourth of them and the rest I don't even know what they do. Not only that, most people have more than one remote for DVD's, VCR's, digital, high def, blue ray, blah blah blah. Now I also have a remote for my digital converter because I have an antique TV. I could be happy just using the buttons that I know, but being the kind of person that I am, I have to know what they all do and be able to use them. It's like they are there so I don't want to waste them. I take it as a challenge. Those companies made it complicated because they don't think I can figure it out. Well I'll show them. I will read the instruction manual cover to cover and demonstrate the use of each function. That is why I have an entire file drawer dedicated to store all the instruction manuals to every electronic item that I own. So for me, it's not simpler. I have to read, file, demonstrate, etc... and frankly I don't have the time to make my life simpler. I'm gonna go for a drive and clear my head, but first I have to read the instruction manual for the truck. I haven't quite figured out the functions on the heater. Too many buttons!

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

So that is where I get it from, I have the same folder labeled "instruction manuals" in my files. Doesn't surprise me though. Yea wait until you get a t.v from this decade and try figuring out all of those buttons. Just don't hit the SAP button, apparently Jax decided to hit without us knowing and the next day all of our channels kept coming in Spanish...we were so confused by this that we called Comcast demanding they fix our cable, because it had to be their fault, right? well not exactly..opps. Maybe I should go through my manuals too. I should be saving them for something other than my O.C.D