Hang Man

Saturday, December 25, 2010

You Mess With My Mom, You Get Me!

A few days ago I wrote about the issue at the Nursing Home with the TV in my Mom's room which belongs to her roommate.  I had a suspicion the problem was being generated by the daughter of the roommate.  Today my suspicion was confirmed.  Apparently the daughter had to buy a new TV because the screen of the first TV went out.  She attributed it to the fact the TV was used too much.  Funny thing .....She did this before my Mom was even there!    Today when I walked in to Mom's room, the TV was moved at an angle away from Mom's side of the room.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!  Words cannot convey how pissed I was.  What a pompous little bitch (the daughter, not the roommate).  I can say that with certainty because I have met her.  I couldn't decide what kind of person she was in the brief three times that I had talked to her before all this hoopla, but there always seemed to be incongruity between her words and her actions.  I guess my instincts were correct.

This whole issue is so ridiculous my brain can't process it.  All I know is she is messing with my Mom.  Nobody messes with my Mother and gets away with it.  How can someone be so cruel to a 90 year old woman.  I never said anything when the roommates belongings encroached on my Mom's side of the room or when she got in to Mom's candy.  It really didn't matter.  Today it mattered and I turned into a stubborn 10 year old.  I measured the floor space and found the middle of the room.  Everything of hers that was on Mom's side was pushed over.  I'm going to rearrange the room (I have to get permission from Social Service first) so Mom won't even have to look in the direction of her roommates TV.  It's gonna be awesome when both TV's are on different channels with the volume up.

I know I should let it go and be adult about it; and I will in time.  But this is my Mother we are talking about.  My sweet never hurt a fly, give you the shirt off her back, Mother.  Every time I think about it I want to put my boot in daughter's ass.

2 comments:

Steve said...

A product of our father and he would be proud. The other thing you might want ot consider is TV ears. That way she can have to sound of her own TV and not have to worry about the competing sounds. The other thing that you could do is tell the staff that you want the daughter to buy the same thing for her TV because its disturbing mom. More than one way to handle this one.

Unknown said...

Fun to read these from so many years ago. Love you Patti. :)