Hang Man

Friday, December 24, 2010

Most people reading this are aware that my Mother is in a Nursing Home (which I hate).  She's seems to be doing well with their care.  I have my doubts at times, but I have to admit I try not to see the bad things.  They are short staffed just like everywhere which really sucks since their business is to "take care of" the infirmed.  Isn't that what you call an oxymoron?  I will say they do call anytime there is an issue; which I know is a requirement by law, but it makes them accountable.

I got a call yesterday. (My heart sinks a little every time they call because I never know if it's going to be bad news.)  The nurse proceeds to tell me that she thinks I should get a TV for Mom.  She was apparently watching her roommates and the aides went to turn it off and she yelled at them not to.  To back track a little, I didn't get Mom a TV when she first moved in because her TV was an old model and very large (space is limited).  Plus the roommate has at least a 32" flat screen placed right in the middle of the room.  There isn't really an issue of fighting about what to watch, because I don't think either of them care.  It's just company.  I figured if I brought in a TV for Mom it would be crazy loud and she wouldn't be able to work it anyway.  Since the large TV was there I didn't see the harm in her watching it.  I am assuming Mom's roommates daughter is behind this.  She actually put a note on the TV that states: "Turn off the TV if Irene is not in the room".  Underlying meaning:  don't let the roommate watch her TV.  Doesn't this seem a little petty? Or am I being too sensitive?  Uuuuuuugh, drama at the Nursing Home. 

I will get Mom a TV....anything to make her happy.  All I can say is her roommate better keep her damn hands out of my Mother's candy.  How's that for petty!

No comments: