Hang Man

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shopping Sucks

Today was case in point why I hate hate hate Christmas shopping.  Joe and I went to Sears because there were a few things specific to Sears we needed and we figured we could get some other presents since we'd be there.  So, we have over $500.00 worth of items we were going to purchase.  We found out if we waited until 6:00pm we could get an additional 10% off of everything.  A $50.00 savings appealed to me so we decided to get some coffee and look around the mall until it was time.  It was a little after 4:00pm so we had quite a bit of time to kill.

10 minutes till 6 we decided to head into the store and gather our purchases to receive our $50.00 discount.  As you can guess all didn't go well.  First we had a sales person that was seasonal and temporary so he didn't really know a table saw from a band saw.  Maybe there are a lot of people that don't know the difference, but if you work in the tool section you really should know.  Secondly, our purchases were not ringing up correctly on the register.  Discounts that were supposed to happen weren't, items advertised were not the same as what they had to offer.  Needless to say I was about ready to go postal.  I remained calm and just said "forget it, I will spend my money elsewhere!"  If I have learned anything about shopping in this current climate, it's you need to be educated about what you are buying ahead of time because the salespeople usually don't know shit (especially this time of year) about what they are selling.  If I hadn't know that the new Wii systems came with 2 games, I would have overpaid for the system they had to offer by $50.00 (it was an old version that came with only one game).

Sears, you suck!  All was not lost however, Joe and I had fun just walking around and spending time together.  Plus we ended up buying a new set of sheets that we are both pretty excited about (not at Sears) .....Satin sheets with leopard print (get your mind out of the gutter).  The Satin part was Joe's idea because he doesn't like getting caught up in cotton sheets.  The leopard print was my idea.  I figured if we were going to buy cheesy satin sheets then they needed to be even more cheesy and be an animal print.  I can't wait to try them out and see who slides out and falls on the floor first.  

No comments: