Hang Man

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tis The Season To Feel Guilty

Yes, it's that time of year again.  The smell of cinnamon and pine and cookies baking is in the air.....AND the time to bring on the guilt.  Don't deny it!  You have felt guilty one time or another during the Holidays.  Guilt that you can't visit every family member, guilt about not being able to afford gifts; but buying them anyway because it's what's everyone else does.  Guilt because you can't buy your child every toy he/she wants.  Guilt because you have to work that day to put food on the table.  Guilt for not putting change in every time you pass a Salvation Army bell ringer. (BTW some of those bell ringers are the happiest people I've ever seen standing in sub zero temperatures.)  Then there is  the stress of all of the planning and shopping. 

What a bunch of crap we have gotten ourselves into over one day a year.  Not to mention  the guilt and the stress have nothing to do with the reason for the season.  I hate hate hate the guilt.

That is how I feel about a month before Christmas.  Then as it approaches I find myself getting caught up in all of the festivities.  I actually get a little excited about the planning.  Not the shopping though; I'm never excited about the shopping.  Online shopping is the best thing that has ever happened to the commercial side of Christmas.

I will do my Christmas shopping under the guise of helping to stimulate the economy.  That makes me feel a little better.  I will try to do what I can and not feel guilty about what I can't get done in time.   I will keep in mind the reason for the season and maybe I will get through this Christmas season fairly sane.

No comments: