Hang Man

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sweating With the Oldies

So....the ladies of the RV park across the street from our condo have organized an exercise group for everyday of the week except Sunday. They have yoga and aerobics. I was so excited when I found out. Now I have no excuse not to keep up on my workouts. That's the upside. The downside is that it's starts at 8:00 am. Not a huge fan of morning workouts. The other downside is that the average age of the residence of the RV park is probably 70, so the aerobic DVD that we followed today was: Richard Simmons and the Silver Foxes. Need I say more? Actually it wasn't that bad, I just used hand weights and pumped up the intensity a little bit and I was sweating in no time. The yoga video we did on Friday was really pretty intense. I was afraid I would have to untwist some of the ladies if they actually did the poses. It's kind of a mental boost to be in a group of people where I'm the youngest of the bunch. All of the ladies (and one guy) welcomed me into their group. They are all very nice, except they kept trying to talk to me while we were working out. I found out that I can't move my legs, arms and mouth at the same time without messing up. Who knew?

Tomorrow we're doing the "Geezer Glide" and the "Geriatric Jump". Then their is the "Senior Salsa" and the "Old Fart Flamingo". Not really, I made those up. Maybe I'm on to something. I could make my own line of workout DVD's.....hmmmmmm!

No comments: