Hang Man

Monday, March 9, 2009

Aren't Vacations Supposed To Be Relaxing??

I am attempting to pack for our month long excursion to Florida. I don't think Joe has any idea what a pain in the ass it is to get ready to go. Maybe he has a little idea, because I bitch about it enough. Joe will pack one little bag with a few books and he's good to go. I wish it were that easy for me. Household obligations don't stop just because you go out of town. Stop the mail and newspaper, forward the mail, bring everything that has to do with paying bills for us and our mothers, pack the food, anticipate what we will need for the next month, close down the house, etc.........It's not really a vacation for me. I was up at 4am today just thinking about all of the stuff I need to do. I will however acknowledge the fact that I am responsible for bringing on some of the headaches and stress associated with our trips to Florida. I am an organizer and somewhat of a clean freak. Those qualities can be stressful at times. I feel the need to be perfect and not forget to do anything. I have to feel like everything is done and organized appropriately. Which in turn creates more work. Plus, I have to have stuff to keep me busy. That means I have to take crochet stuff and whatever little project I am working on with me. Then there are the electronic gadgets: cell phone, ipod, computer, nintendo ds, portable dvd player, cameras, video recorder.....which all have chargers and other cables. Each one is organized in it's own case or carrier for easy access. Then there's the packing for Ellie and I haven't even gotten to my personal care items and clothes yet. Oh yeah, I can't forget my yoga and pilates DVDs, and my roller blades. Gotta keep up with working out so I don't lose any ground. I'm tired just thinking about it. Maybe I will go back to bed. Forget that, I won't be able to sleep. Now where did I put my flip flops???? Aaaaaaaahhhhh!

PS: I forgot to mention the how much I will miss my grandbabies and my chickens! Oh, my kids too.

6 comments:

bestmama said...

Hey, that is how I am when I pack...excpet I start a month ahead of time and not the week before!LOL

Lauren said...

Is it all worth it though once yo uget to Fla?

Manders24 said...

What Sarah starts a month before! I don't believe u! Anyways, just breathe....don't worry if you forget to pack something Bryan or I will probably borrow it and then never end up giving it back to you. But don't stress. have fun! We will all miss you sooo much:)

bestmama said...

I promise I start a month before....its cause I do the same thing and not sleep at night thinking of the stuff I need...for a week! But I just think you should stay home....or go to school for me, and I will gladly lounge around with your amazing husband in the warm florida sun. I know you wont lay around....but I WOULD!!!!

Patti said...

Thanks for the moral support! I am actually planning on relaxing by the pool. Maybe I will hire Juan as my personal assistant and pool boy.

bestmama said...

Hey...if Juan is going to be there, you need to send me a ticket...I LOVE MEXICANS...just ask Bryan. Thats why I married him, cause he looks like one:)