Hang Man

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Animal Adventure

This was the biggest grasshopper that I have ever seen. It was about 4-5" long and it's body was as big around as a cigar. Joe saw it from the car as we were driving down a trail. We found a new place to explore today. It's a gravel road that goes through the heart of the Everglades. Very pretty and a little scary. There are paths to walk on too, but I really didn't want to get out of the car. Bears and Panthers have been spotted along those trails. The funny thing is that I had to come all the way to Florida to get a good picture of a young buck. It was strange seeing the deer in the same area as the alligators. Check out my photo gallery to see some of the pictures from our adventure.

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

Those pictures are so good! Jax loved looking at them. All I can think of when I see that grasshopper is the nasty crickets in Texas!