Hang Man

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Exercise In The Everlgades

I didn't see my exercise buddies for a few days when Lorrie was here. I went back yesterday for the first time in 4 days. I figured they would be so happy to see me! Not so much. I'm not even sure they knew I was missing. Damn, I thought we were bonding. Oh well. I got some exercise other ways while Lorrie was here. We Kayaked and rode bikes. Our kayak trip was not so much fun. It was very windy, plus we were going into the wind and against the tide. 1 1/2 - 2' waves. We had to keep paddling or we would blow away. We made it across the bay where I decided I would attach myself to a mangrove so I could stay in one place. The waves and the wind kept banging me against the mangroves. There's Lorrie and Joe trying to fish as the wind blows them into each other. I decided I'm going back before I capsize. It took forever to get back. There were times when we paddled that we didn't even go anywhere. We let Lorrie use Joe's kayak with the nice paddle. Joe and I used rentals with shitty paddles. That's why she got back so much sooner than we did. If that would have been the kayak race, I would have lost big time. The bike ride wasn't much better. It was still windy. I led the way going into Everglade City. I thought I was going at a pretty good pace. On the way back, Lorrie led the way. We stayed together for about a block and then she kept getting farther and farther ahead of me. Finally when she was out of sight I gave up. The wind has been really bad this year. I guess it's a trade off since it is warm. All the locals are saying that this is the coldest and windiest winter in a long time. Oh well you can't have everything.

6 comments:

Manders24 said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you guys didnt blow away into the deep abyss. By the way this morning when Jax woke up he said "watch Nanu". I am pretty sure he was referring to the video you sent!

Patti said...

make sure he remembers me

Anonymous said...

How are you running the kayak race this year? Do people get to pick teams? No worries about me be a form of competition, but Lorrie might be a force to be reckoned with. Maybe Bryan will be my partner :) Miss you guys!

Patti said...

Actually all of the teams will be random. We'll draw a guy's name and a girl's name and that will be the team. No one will know their partner till right before the race.

bestmama said...

Thank God, somehow I ended up with the only moron who landed in the lake!

Patti said...

It should be interesting