Hang Man

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mani Pedi

Amanda took me to get a manicure and pedicure today for my belated Birthday present. I've only had two pedicures and one manicure in my life not counting today's, but this one by far is the best. Those Asians know how to do nails. I don't understand though why most of the nail salons are staffed with Asians. Is it a cultural thing?? My previous manicure and pedicures were done by Caucasian Americans and they sucked. There has to be a story around why Asians Americans and nails go hand in hand. It is a good thing though that having your nails done is a pretty straight forward thing that doesn't require much communication. The language barrier can be a little tricky. This particular salon that we went to served wine during our pedicure. Nice touch! They actually had a wide screen TV playing karaoke videos of mostly 80's music with none of the original artists. Interesting. Maybe if everyone had enough wine they may break out in song, I don't know. It didn't happen when we were there. They were all very nice and my nail tech did speak English. Next time though I'm taking an interpreter with me so I can find out what they are saying to each other when they are pointing and laughing. It's probably something about toe jam.

Thanks Amanda for the new cultural experience.

1 comment:

Manders24 said...

No problem mama! I had a great time