Hang Man

Sunday, June 22, 2008

FRUITS OF MY LABOR


I just finished my third piece of cherry pie over the course of this weekend. I know..."no flour, no sugar." Screw that for right now. We have two sour cherry trees on our property that produce the best cherries ever! They don't do it every year however, some years the birds get to them. Sometimes they get frosted or buggy. So once every few years we get a really good crop and I try to use as many as I can. So this year we pied em, dried em, canned em and jammed em. Their is nothing better in this world than fresh cherry pie! Part of it is the taste and part is the effort that goes into preparing it. You ever pit cherries??? Talk about tedious. One by one till the skin on your fingers shrivels from the juice. But ohhhhh! the fruits of the labor are worth it. Their is something very rewarding about producing your own food. Now if I can just grow some petroleum.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Look at you! Busy, busy!
Looks delicious!