Hang Man

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Adventures

I'm putting it in high gear getting ready for the chickens. I still have 5 weeks or so before they get here, but I have a lot of work to do. Bryan has been helping me since he is off work for a week until he starts another job. Selling cars wasn't his thing. He's going back to doing transportation dispatch for a trucking company. Anyway, he built the ramps that go in and out of the hen house. I still have to make the roosts and the nesting boxes. I did however, pick up some supplies at an auction that I went to on Tuesday. I have only been to one other auction in my life and that was probably over 15 years ago. The auction calendar was in the paper and as I glanced through it I saw some items that caught my eye so I decided to go. The ironic thing was that the lady that owned the house where the auction was had previously raised chickens and was selling off some of the feeders and waterers. While I was at the auction I also met the guy that just bought her house and I worked up a little deal with him to come back and get some of the fencing and other supplies. I find those kind of coincidences very interesting. Right place at the the right time. I also bought some other interesting items. Large postal scale, 4 long pipe clamps, stamped metal baking tins, a huge pile of lumber which included 8 cabinet doors, and 12 drawers. The best thing though is a wood lathe and tools. I don't have the first clue how to use it, but I will learn. I also don't have any idea what I am going to do with the doors and drawers but I am sure I will find a use. I had soooo much fun. I already have the next one scheduled. I also visited a salvage yard for the first time. I'll tell you about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You are too funny. I, myself, would NEVER EVER buy things just because. The idea of clutter stresses me out! If it's not being used, I get rid of it. It's a problem I have ;)
Woodworking tools are soooooo much fun! You are going to have a blast with them all!

Manders24 said...

I agree with Lauren! I hate clutter, sometimes I think I throw too much stuff away, I just purge things every few months...it makes me feel relieved! I love that you are finding so may more interests now, besides just doing things for other people....however you don't have to stop doing things for me:)